Want to connect to WVU? We'll make your transition easier with social events, academic progress counseling, information about on-campus events and community service opportunities. We've even got a place where you can relax between classes.
New to WVU in Fall 2020? Here's some info to get you started!
PLEASE NOTE THAT, UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE, THE COMMUTER LOUNGE IS CLOSED.
There are commuter lounges located on the Downtown and Evansdale campuses. The Downtown
Lounge is located in G-11 Elizabeth Moore Hall, and the Evansdale Lounge is located
in Mountaineer Station, at the base of the Health Sciences PRT Station. The Downtown
Commuter Lounge offers free lockers, WiFi, comfortable chairs, a refrigerator,
and a microwave. Should you need a quieter, less social place to study on campus,
check out the Betty Boyd Lounge on the main floor of Elizabeth Moore Hall. The Commuter Lounge will be open during Summer 2020 on weekdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Monday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Commuter Assistant (CA) ProgramCA’s serve as a resource to first-year commuter students, helping them become engaged in the WVU community and succeed at WVU. This is a paid part-time student position. If you are interested in being a CA, contact Brian Walker at email@example.com or 304-293-5611.
The following is a list of our CA’s for Spring 2020:
- Alyssa Bolinger, junior, agribusiness, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garrett Cathell, senior, business, email@example.com
- Andrew Funk, senior, sport management, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Josi Hartsell, sophomore, psychology, email@example.com
- Donnett Henderson, sophomore, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kala Miller, senior, history and German, email@example.com
- Kaitlyn Nedrow, junior, biomedical engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Eric Nguyen, senior, pharmacy, email@example.com
- Staci Pritt, graduate student, integrated marketing, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mallory Sisler, senior, political science, email@example.com