Having difficulty making the connection to WVU? We can help you make your transition a little easier. We provide fun activities where you can meet other students, academic progress counseling, referral information, information on campus events and activities, community service opportunities, and a place to relax between classes.
There are commuter lounges located on the Downtown and Evansdale campuses. The Downtown
Lounge is located in G-11 Elizabeth Moore Hall, and the Evansdale Lounge is located
in Mountaineer Station, at the base of the Health Sciences PRT Station. The Downtown
Commuter Lounge offers free lockers, WiFi, comfortable chairs, a refrigerator,
and a microwave. Should you need a quieter, less social place to study on campus,
check out the Betty Boyd Lounge on the main floor of Elizabeth Moore Hall. The Commuter Lounge is open during Summer 2019 on weekdays from 8:30am to 4:30pm.
- Monday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Tuesday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Wednesday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Thursday: 8:30am – 9:00pm
- Friday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Commuter Assistant (CA) ProgramCA’s serve as a resource to first-year commuter students; helping them become engaged in the WVU community and succeed at WVU. This is a paid part-time student position. If you are interested in being a CA, contact Brian Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org or 304-293-5611.
The following is a list of our CA’s for Fall 2019:
- Sarah Alway, senior, economics, email@example.com
- Alyssa Bolinger, junior, agribusiness, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Garrett Cathell, senior, business, email@example.com
- Andrew Funk, senior, sport management, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donnett Henderson, sophomore, email@example.com
- Eric Nguyen, senior, pharmacy, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kala Miller, senior, history and German, email@example.com
- Kaitlyn Nedrow, junior, biomedical engineering, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Staci Pritt, graduate student, integrated marketing, email@example.com
- Mallory Sisler, senior, political science, firstname.lastname@example.org